- What: A 4-day festival of oysters and Cornish seafood
- When: Mid October
- Where: Events Square, Discovery Quay, Falmouth, Cornwall, near the National Maritime Museum Cornwall
- Admission: Various prices
Succulent Seafood in CornwallFalmouth Oyster Festival marks the beginning of the oyster season and celebrates the diversity and quality of Cornish seafood - it's a must for seafood lovers. Falmouth, one the world's largest natural deepwater ports, also has one of the last remaining traditional oyster fisheries in the world.
A highlight of the festival is the working boat race in the Fal Estuary. The festival also includes:
- cooking master classes with celebrity chefs and lots of demonstrations from local chefs
- Oysters, seafood, wine and ale to taste and try
- A full schedule of children's activities - shell painting, sea shanties, etc.
- live music and band parades
- marquees with Cornish produce and crafts to buy.