- What: A multi-media festival of music, art, video, poetry with a grownup, chilled out vibe and a strong environmental component.
- When: Four days at the beginning of August
- Where: Eastnor Castle Deer Park, Eastnor,Ledbury, Herefordshire HR8.
- ContactChillfest Ltd, PO Box 58279, London N1P 1EU
- Admission: From about £70 for Sunday to £165 for four days with camping and bus transportation
- Website, tickets available online
Unlike the muddy scrum of some of the big UK music festivals such as Glastonbury, The Big Chill usually feels much less crowded and hysterical, but that's not to say it's tame. In fact, The Independent called it, " a spacious and eco-conscious rave for kids of all ages." And they do mean all ages. The Big Chill is a democratic affair attracting kids, families, young adults and even crinkly baby-boomers.