And, you know, it probably is as easy as all that. You could pop over to London and take a few day trips in the immediate area, then spend a day or two venturing a bit further afield - to Oxford or the Cotswolds or Stratford upon Avon and, hey presto, what a great vacation you've had.
But whether you buy your vacation basics for yourself, online, or use a travel agent to book a tour, a little advance planning can open your eyes to corners of the UK you never even heard of, let alone thought of visiting. Consider a few simple questions to turn a good trip into a great one.
What's Your Travel Profile?Unlike some vacation destinations that are more suitable for couples than families, older than younger people, the United Kingdom has something for everyone. It's just a question of choosing wisely for your party. Perhaps you are:
- A couple planning a romantic trip
- A family traveling with children
- A large group -- a sports team, a hiking party, a group of cyclists, a clan reunion, a class trip
- Outdoor enthusiasts looking for adventure
- Gen Y-ers and party animals
- Mature and looking for peaceful surroundings
- Pet owners