Crossing the English Channel:
Visitors have a good choice of options for crossing the English Channel from Continental Europe. Depending upon the departure point, taking a high speed train or a ferry can be a faster, cheaper, more comfortable and sometimes more eco-friendly choice than flying to the UK from Continental Europe.
Through the Channel Tunnel:
There are two ways to use the Channel Tunnel, one of the engineering marvels of the 20th century.
- Eurostar the high speed rail link from Paris, Brussels, Lille and Disneyland Paris to London and Ashford in Kent.
- Eurotunnel Shuttle the car shuttle from Coquelles, near Calais, to Folkestone in Kent. Le Shuttle also carries bicyles and coaches.
Cross Channel Ferry Companies:
- from Santander, Spain, and Roscoff, Brittany to Plymouth
- from Cherbourg to Poole, Dorset
- from Caen, Cherbourg and St. Malo, Brittany to Portsmouth
- Condor Ferriesfrom St. Malo to Poole and Weymouth
- LD Lines from Le Havre to Portsmouth and Newhaven and from Dieppe to Newhaven (summer only)
- My Ferry Link from Calais to Dover
- P&O Ferries from Calais to Dover
- Norfolk Line from Dunkerque to Dover