The Bottom Line
- Huge windows and outside deck directly overlooking Loch Lomond
- Well planned menus featuring local ingredients
- Generous portions, even for kids
- Desserts could be more elegant
- Slightly dated decor
- Address:Colquhoun’s Restaurant at The Lodge on Loch Lomond
Argyll G83 8PA
- Telephone: +44(0)1436 860 201
- Sunday lunch: two courses £13.95 or three courses £16.95, children’s menu – two courses £5.90
Guide Review - Colquhoun's at the Lodge on Loch Lomond - Family-Friendly Dining in Scotland
A Glorious Location for Sunday Lunch With the FamilySunday lunch should be a relaxing meal, whether you’re travelling alone, with a party of friends, or enjoying a family reunion. You want good food, good service and a special location to keep everyone happy.
Colquhoun’s Restaurant at The Lodge on Loch Lomond in Scotland,around 30 minutes drive north of Glasgow, will suit many tastes – from kids to seniors. The welcome is warm, the service friendly and unflappable.
The short menu offers four or five choices at each course, featuring local ingredients like roast Scottish sirloin, smoked fish and homemade terrine. Or enjoy a classic roast – like roast pork with a fruit and herb stuffing. Main courses include generous helpings of potatoes and vegetables.The children’s menu is excellent value; bangers and mash with real gravy is a favorite. And youngsters won’t get bored – there are free crayons on the table and a world of entertainment outside.
Loch Lomond, in beautiful Argyll, is one of the highlights of the 'Trossachs Trail' and this restaurant is literally on the lochside. Outside there’s a shingle beach for kids to play and maybe a view of Ben Lomond for the adults to enjoy. Even in December we were entertained by helicopters, seaplanes and canoeists – as well as wildlife.