If you are planning a romantic getaway for Valentine's Day or a special occasion - or you just fancy playing at Lord and Lady of the Manor, here's a list of some of the best castles to stay in around the United Kingdom.
Castle Hotels in England
- Amberley Castle Regularly named to lists of the worlds top hotels and most romantic places.
- The Castle Hotel, Taunton, Compare Prices
- Hazelwood Castle, Compare Prices
- Langley Castle
- Lumley Castle, Compare Prices
- Peckforton Castle, Compare Prices
- Thornbury Castle Henry VIII and Anne Boleyn visited this castle with the oldest Tudor Garden in the UK.Compare Prices
- Walworth Castle, Compare Prices
Castle Hotels in Scotland
- Balfour Castle, this Orkney hotel claims to be the most Northerly castle hotel in the world.
- Culcreuch Castle 700 year old seat of Galbraith clan, near Loch Lomond, and one of Scotland's oldest hotels.
- Dalhousie Castle, Compare Prices
- Dornoch Castle , Compare Prices
- Fernie Castle 450 years of history, near Fife
- Stobo Castle The cashmere suite has cashmere covered walls and a bathtub carved from a single piece of marble
- The Witchery By the Castle This Edinburgh restaurant with rooms is not really a castle but an extraordinary place to live out a romantic fantasy. Check out the guest book on their website