The Bottom Line
- Easy to read map pages
- Based on the UK's accurate and thorough OS Survey maps
- Comprehensive index with more than 30,000 listings
- Static and some mobile speed cameras listed
- Gas stations and "park and ride" areas often marked
- Key doesn't explain all map symbols
- Route numbers of smallest roads sometimes confusing
- Published by the Automobile Association of Britain
- 328 pages, 30.7 x 23.7 x 2.7 cm
- Three miles to the inch
- Plastic spiral binding
Guide Review - AA Road Atlas Britain - The Most Popular UK Motoring Guide
The numbers on this book are mind boggling. Some 31,000 listings in the index; hundreds of city, town and port plans; airports, top tourist sites, hospitals and emergency rooms indicated. The 21st edition even includes new "Jam Busting Maps" to help you find your way around rush hour traffic jams. And it's a handy size for use in a car. Hands down, this is the best.
Find more practical guidebooks for touring the UK.