The Bottom Line
- Checked and expanded annually
- Listings by county across the UK
- Includes tasting notes
- For beer aficionados, not necessarily seekers of charming pubs
- 512 pages, 21.2 x 13.4 x 3.2 cm
- Published by Foulsham Publishing, Norfolk, England
- Established as the authoritative guide on the subject
Guide Review - The Real Ale Pub Guide: The Real Ale Research Team
Expect to find old recipes that include the flavors of malt, barley, wheat, ginger and different hops, along with directions to the most original beers and the locations of micro-breweries. Tasting notes are included too.
The authors of this guide tell you a bit about pub decor, ambiance and the kind of food you can expect, but this is, first and foremost, a guide to beers and ales.
Find more practical guidebooks for touring the UK.