Heading for one of the UK's big music festivals
? You'll want to travel light but here's a list of things you won't want to forget:
- One complete set of dry clothes packed in something completely waterproof - like a sealed plastic bag.
- Loads of plastic bags - you'll use them to sit on, to keep stuff dry, to carry away your own debris (and remember to carry away the plastic bags too)
- Wet wipes and some antiseptic wipes
- A packable rain poncho
- A small flashlight for finding your tent in the dark (an absolute essential)
- Your mobile phone - for staying in touch with friends. Most of the phone companies will have booths for charging cell phones at the larger festivals. Or you could get yourself my favorite gadget for charging everything, the Power Monkey.
- A plastic bottle for water. There will be drinks for sale but it's a good idea to bring along a refillable bottle because there will also be a water supply that you can probably use for free.
- Enough money for your weekend needs. Cash machines may be far away, the lines for them will be long and they will probably run out of money before the festival is over. Just don't bring more cash than you can stash on your person.
- Sun cream (You never know, you could get lucky)
- Condoms (You never know, you could get lucky)